Wednesday, January 17th around 6:30 a fire broke out in our laundry room. Our volunteers called the Tinley Park fire department, who quickly came out to control the situation. While the fire remained in our laundry room, the smoke took over the rest of our shelter, effecting our animals. Our friends at Midwest Animal Hospital answered our call immediately and sent out their veterinarians and staff to take our animals out of the shelter for treatment. Currently over 100 animals are hospitalized at Midwest being monitored for smoke inhalation. 14 cats and 2 dogs are showing signs of respiratory distress.
We are so grateful to Midwest Animal Hospital for staying way past midnight, the Tinley Park Fire Department, our volunteers and community who rushed out in our time of need.
Meanwhile Hippo is up for adoption….read about him here.